Major League Soccer clubs keens on signing Willian
Inter Miami CF is one of the teams that have shown real interest in signing the Brazilian winger who plans to leave Arsenal this summer
Arsenal had a disappointing 2020/21 Premier League season and with only two games left, the Gunners are trying to make a late push to make it into the top six and qualify to the Europa League. The Londoners are in ninth place with 55 points and a record of 16-7-13.
Changes in the roster next year
Since arriving in August 2020, Willian has not become a key and reliable player for manager Mikel Arteta and this year he has scored one goal and given seven assists in 37 appearances across all competitions. Things haven't worked out for the Brazilian winger who is set to leave this summer even though his contract expires in June 2023.
The 32-year-old has several offers from clubs in Europe and in Major League Soccer, including Inter Miami CF. The team owned by David Beckham even made an offer for Willian last summer when he was a free agent, but he chose to sign for Arsenal.
According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal bosses don’t want to keep paying him 220 thousand pounds a week for the next two seasons. Willian failed to find his explosiveness this season and he said various times how difficult of a season it has been for him personally.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7