Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano will have to adapt to Luciano Spalletti’s style
Napoli have appointed Luciano Spalletti as Gennaro Gattuso’s successor after failing to qualify for next year’s Champions League.
Gennaro Gattuso failed to qualify for next year’s Champions League with Napoli after finishing fifth in Serie A last season. The bosses were not pleased with the work he did during his sophomore year and decided to part ways with him a few days ago.
Luciano Spalletti the chosen one
On Saturday, it was announced that former Roma and Inter Milan manager Luciano Spalletti will take on the managerial job ahead of the 2021/22 Serie A season. "Welcome, Luciano - we'll do great work together," said Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis.
Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano will now have to adapt to Luciano Spalletti’s style, but it shouldn’t be too hard for the Mexican international, who is fully adapted to the Serie A. The 25-year-old scored 11 goals, gave four assists in 32 league appearances last season.
Spalletti likes to use a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 formation and this could benefit ‘Chucky’ Lozano who likes to play as an offensive winger. The Mexican international will enter his third year at Napoli and he hopes to earn a starting role under the new manager.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win