Christian Pulisic becomes second USMNT player to receive UCL winners medal
The United States men’s national team playmaker also became the first American to play in the final of the UEFA Champions League.
Christian Pulisic came on in the 66th minute with Chelsea ahead of Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League final at the Estádio do Dragão in Porto with the US national team player presented with a fine opportunity to increase his side's lead just minutes after coming on.
Chelsea launched a breakaway in the 73rd minute with Havertz, who scored the only goal of the game, driving through the midfield and the City defenders unable to catch the German. The former Leverkusen man fed Pulisic, who was able to hold off Ruben Dias before chipping his shot over Ederson. Unfortunately for the USMNT winger, his shot bounced wide of the far post.
Records for Pulisic after winning the UCL
Chelsea would hold on to the 1-0 lead and win their second UEFA Champions League title in their history. After the conclusion of this tournament Pulisic became the first American to play in both the semifinal and final of the UEFA Champions League.
He was also the first American to score in the semi-final of Europe’s most prestigious domestic competition when he found the back of the net in the first leg against Real Madrid. Pulisic also became the second American to receive the UCL gold medal with Jovan Kirovski being part of the Borussia Dortmund squad in the 1997 win.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United