The reasons why Cruz Azul will win the championship
The team from the capital of Mexico is 90 minutes away from ending their 24-year league title drought after defeating Santos 1-0 in the first-leg of the final.
Cruz Azul defeated Santos Laguna 1-0 on Thursday at the TSM Corona stadium thanks to a late goal from Luis Romo. Now the ‘Machine’ is one game away from ending their 24-year championship drought and they could do it on Sunday at the Azteca stadium. Here is why Cruz Azul should win this tournament
The best offense and defense
The ‘Machine’ obtained 12-straight wins during the regular season of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. They have been the team to beat since it started. The team from the capital had the best offense (26 goals) and the best defense (11 goals conceded) throughout 17 matchdays.
Juan Reynoso knows how to win titles
Reynoso was not the top candidate to take over the Cruz Azul managerial job prior to the beginning of this tournament. There were doubts from journalists and fans when he was appointed, but he has silenced his critics.
In 2007 Reynoso gave Club Coronel Bolognesi (Perú) the first league title in the history of the franchise (78 years) and in 2015 he helped Club Melgar (Perú) end their 34-year championship drought. Now he is 90 minutes away from giving Cruz Azul the eight league title in their history and their first one since 1997.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother