UEFA 2021 Super Cup: date, teams and venue
After winning the Europa League, Villarreal were the first finalists of the 2021 UEFA Super Cup and the Spanish side will now face Champions League winners Chelsea.
We now know the two sides who will face-off in the 2021 UEFA Super Cup after Chelsea were crowned UCL champions last night in Porto. The London based side will face LaLiga's Villarreal after Unai Emery's side prevailed in a dramatic penalty shoot-out in Gdansk against Manchester United earlier in the week to secure the 20-21 UEFA Europa League title.
11 August final date
The match will take place on Wednesday 11 August which is just three days before the start of both 2021-22 Premier League and LaLiga domestic campaigns.
Windsor Park (Belfast)
UEFA awarded the hosting of the final to the Northern Ireland FA with the game to be staged at Belfast's Windsor Park stadium.
The ground boasts a 22,000 capacity and is home to NIFL Premiership side Linfield FC. The stadium opened originally in 1905 but has undergone recent ground improvement works in both 1996 and 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan