UEFA 2021 Super Cup: date, teams and venue
After winning the Europa League, Villarreal were the first finalists of the 2021 UEFA Super Cup and the Spanish side will now face Champions League winners Chelsea.
We now know the two sides who will face-off in the 2021 UEFA Super Cup after Chelsea were crowned UCL champions last night in Porto. The London based side will face LaLiga's Villarreal after Unai Emery's side prevailed in a dramatic penalty shoot-out in Gdansk against Manchester United earlier in the week to secure the 20-21 UEFA Europa League title.
11 August final date
The match will take place on Wednesday 11 August which is just three days before the start of both 2021-22 Premier League and LaLiga domestic campaigns.
Windsor Park (Belfast)
UEFA awarded the hosting of the final to the Northern Ireland FA with the game to be staged at Belfast's Windsor Park stadium.
The ground boasts a 22,000 capacity and is home to NIFL Premiership side Linfield FC. The stadium opened originally in 1905 but has undergone recent ground improvement works in both 1996 and 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future