UEFA 2021 Super Cup: date, teams and venue
After winning the Europa League, Villarreal were the first finalists of the 2021 UEFA Super Cup and the Spanish side will now face Champions League winners Chelsea.
We now know the two sides who will face-off in the 2021 UEFA Super Cup after Chelsea were crowned UCL champions last night in Porto. The London based side will face LaLiga's Villarreal after Unai Emery's side prevailed in a dramatic penalty shoot-out in Gdansk against Manchester United earlier in the week to secure the 20-21 UEFA Europa League title.
11 August final date
The match will take place on Wednesday 11 August which is just three days before the start of both 2021-22 Premier League and LaLiga domestic campaigns.
Windsor Park (Belfast)
UEFA awarded the hosting of the final to the Northern Ireland FA with the game to be staged at Belfast's Windsor Park stadium.
The ground boasts a 22,000 capacity and is home to NIFL Premiership side Linfield FC. The stadium opened originally in 1905 but has undergone recent ground improvement works in both 1996 and 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?