De Bruyne suffered two facial fractures in Champions League final
The Manchester City midfielder confirmed his injuries on leaving hospital in Porto. He has a broken nose and fracture close to his eye socket but won't need surgery.
Kevin De Bruyne was forced off the field in Saturday's Champions League final after suffering a nasty collision with Rudiger which left him with traumatic injuries to his face. The City midfielder received treatment out on the pitch for several minutes. his team mates meanwhile, alerted Guardiola to request a substitution. De Bruyne appeared groggy with a bloodied face but managed to be helped off the field. He returned to the dug-out minutes later only to disappear back into the stadium for more treatment.
Hi guys just got back from the hospital. My diagnosis is Acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back— Kevin De Bruyne (@DeBruyneKev) May 30, 2021
De Bruyne discharged
He was taken to hospital for tests - the results of which were confirmed by the player himself. "Hi guys just got back from the hospital. My diagnosis is Acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back," he explained on social media. Now the plan is to ensure that the fractures heal as soon as possible. We will have to wait and see whether he will be able to be with the Belgium squad for Euro 2021 which gets underway in just under a fortnight's time.
De Bruyne's fracture, sources have told AS, are not serious enough to require a trip to the operating table, but it's still too early to say whether the City star will have recovered in time for the Euros. He may well have to wear a protective mask at the the tournament. Belgium start their campaign against Russia on 12 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher