Míchel: "Coaching Real Madrid is an impossible job"
The new Getafe coach and former Santiago Bernabéu hero was speaking on late night Spanish radio show 'El Larguero'.
Míchel was re-appointed as new Getafe manager this week and spoke to late night radio show 'El Larguero' where he analysed the latest situation at his former club Real Madrid.
Coaching Real Madrid: "To manage at Real Madrid, one needs to have a more extensive CV but it's also vital that you have people lobbying your cause within the club. I have no close contacts with the people who make decisions at the club and I feel that those close to Florentino Perez have a set profile of what the head coach should be. Having said that I have no doubts that Ancelotti has got the ability to oversee any club".
Level of influence: "My representative is not connected in the executive circles at the Bernabéu and I hold no sway over these people who ultimately make the final decisions. I don't believe that it's Florentino Perez who makes the decisions as we get along really well. It's impossible to coach Real Madrid and I say that with no ill feeling. I'm happy being coach of Getafe and Ancelotti will have similar challenges at Madrid".
Lobby: "I don't get along well with the individual who influences the decision making process. I know my name was in the hat on previous occasions and particularly when they called upon Lopetegui when he was Spain manager."
Sadness at never having coached Madrid: "I hold no sadness but affection. If I was sad, then I'd be bitter. I was once a Real Madrid player but that doesn't automatically ensure that I get to coach the team. This is something I just have to accept".
A clear lack of sporting direction at the club: "Spending big money is easy as you can mistake with players that cost 50-60 million euro. Clubs like Atlético and Sevilla have to be far more cautious with how they spend and I feel that both Madrid and Barcelona need to look at they way they spend going forward".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest