Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul: weight limit and class, heights, undercard
The fighters' weight and height comparison in the ex-pro fighter champ versus the YouTuber bout, along with the other fights on the Sunday night program.
It is no secret that money is the prime reason and only motivation for the Mayweather versus Paul fight. Both boxers will cash in a significant refund for the planned 24 minutes spent in the ring.
Boxing-wise it is almost certain, 50-0 Mayweather will give a gentleman's martial art master class to the young YouTuber star, although retired and being 44-years old.
A slight twist to the whole fight plot will be the weight and height difference between the fighters. "Money Mayweather" enters with 40 pounds of weight and 6 inches of height shortage. There is also the 18 year age difference between the two boxers that, in all likelihood, will not be determinant.
Chad Johnson, formerly Chad Ochocinco (Spanish 85), also the shirt number he wore at NFL's Cincinnati Bengals, will fight a four-round exhibition against the bare-knuckle fighter Brian Maxwell. Although Johnson announces this fight will be a one-time thing, he thoroughly prepared with boxing champions Jermall and Jermell Charlo in Houston.
"My goal is to get out alive. I want my face still intact. I want my kids to still know it's me. But I want to entertain. I don't want to embarrass those who put the time and energy into me," the former NLF wide receiver said for ESPN.
Next on the Sunday program will be the light heavyweight match between the former two-division champion Badou Jack and Dervin Colina (15-0, 13Kos), who came as a substitute after the original fight contender Jean Pascal tested positive for banned substances and was removed from the fight. Pascal is a former WBA light heavyweight titleholder.
The last undercard bout will be between the junior middleweight contender Jarrett Hurd and the 30-year old boxer from Milwaukee Luís Arias, who has a professional score of 22 fights with two losses.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?