Luis Enrique: "We need to be sharper in front of goal"
Spain boss Luis Enrique was fairly happy with his side's 0-0 draw against Portugal and singled out Pau Torres and Aymeric Laporte for praise.
Luis Enrique spoke to the pitch-side reporters from Spanish state broadcaster TVE after his side’s 0-0 draw against European champions Portugal, during which Spain had the better of the chances and his new-look defence largely kept Cristiano Ronaldo quiet.
The best and worst of Spain: “What I liked most was the attitude of my team and what I liked least was the result. I can play the players I want to without sending messages.”
Robert Sánchez: “The idea was to give Robert Sánchez his debut but it wasn’t possible in the end.”
"Two sensational central defenders"
Laporte-Pau Torres: “I saw two sensational central defenders, who came close to full marks. Two left-footers who can play the ball out from the back, who have power and strength. It could be that they will be the partnership for the Euros. People have commented on seeing two left-footed central defenders, but they don’t say anything about two right-footers.”
Player fatigue: “Pedri is one of the most resistant. It’s a cliché that he’s tired. We have no doubts about Pedri and we know what he will give us.”
Where Spain need to improve: “We need to be sharper in front of goal, to have more of the ball… there are always thing to improve on. But that’s true of all teams.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher