Tyler Adams could see some playing time against Mexico
The United States men’s national team coach, Gregg Berhalter, said that the RB Leipzig midfielder could see some minutes in the CONCACAF Nations League final.
Tyler Adams couldn’t finish the 2020/21 Bundesliga season with RB Leipzig due to an injury and he missed the last three games, as well as the DFB-Pokal final against Borussia Dortmund. He decided to travel to the United States to continue his recovery and he could see some minutes in the CONCACAF Nations League final.
Adams is good to go
“Tyler is recovered and ready to go, so for us it’s about making the decision on if he’ll start the game or not,” said USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter.
Adams had been dealing with a back injury, but he has reached full fitness and he could play in the final between the United States and Mexico in Denver, Colorado. He has been a key player for the USMNT under boss Berhalter, so this is good news for him to be included in the roster for the final.
"You would have the tendency to say you want [Adams] on the field but I think the deficiencies weren't due to personnel," he said. "I think it was due to structure, I really do. When you think about some of our attacks, and some of our positioning, and some of the movement led to us being unbalanced. And it's not just having Tyler in there is going to solve anything. We need to be better balanced as a team," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?