Ben White replaces Alexander-Arnold in England's Euro 2020 squad
England have added Brighton defender Ben White to their squad for the Euros after Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold was forced to withdraw.
Ben White has been named as the replacement for Trent Alexander-Arnold in the England squad for Euro 2020. The Brighton and Hove Albion defender has been added to the 26-man group after Liverpool full-back Alexander-Arnold was forced to withdraw due to a thigh injury.
White played the full match as England beat Romania 1-0 in Middlesbrough on Sunday in their final warm-up friendly ahead of the tournament. The 23-year-old offers versatility to Gareth Southgate's squad and is said to have impressed the man in charge by being comfortable both in defence and as a holding midfielder.
James Ward-Prowse, who caught the eye against Romania, had been tipped by some to take Alexander-Arnold's place.
The inclusion of White has prompted concerns about the fitness of Harry Maguire, who continues to recover from an ankle injury and is not expected to be available for England's Group D opener against Croatia on 13 June.
White played 36 times in his first full Premier League season with Brighton in 2020-21 and was named the club's player of the year by fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest