Barcelona improve offer to sign Depay
According to Fabrizio Romano, the Dutchman has reportedly been offered a new contract by the Catalan giants. The deal, if agreed, would be for three seasons, until 2024.
Gini Wijnaldum's decision to leave Barcelona for PSG has accelerated negotiations for Memphis Depay at the Camp Nou offices. So much so that, as reported by Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, the Catalan giants have even made a new offer to the Dutch striker. Right now, one of the fears is that the deal could fall through, as it did with the midfielder.
This new attempt by Barça to sign Depay would be on a three-year contract. Therefore, if an agreement is reached, the Dutch international would sign until the summer of 2024. An improvement on the previous offer, and even closer to the demands of the player who still plays for Lyon. The former Manchester United player's deal runs until 30 June 2021.
Juventus in for Depay
Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport reports that Juventus are another competitor for Depay's signature. Amid all the transfer talk, he continues to score for the Netherlands before the start of the European Championship this week. Three goals in the last two games has the 27-year-old heading into the tournament all guns blazing.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped