Borussia Mönchengladbach keen on signing Josh Sargent
The United States Men’s national team striker is under contract with Werder Bremen, but since the team was relegated he could be on his way out for the upcoming season.
Josh Sargent just won the CONCACAF Nations League tournament with the United States Men’s national team and is now preparing for the Gold Cup that is scheduled to start later this month. While in camp with the USMNT, rumors about his future have surfaced.
On his way out of Werder Bremen?
Sargent arrived at SV Werder Bremen on 1 July 2018 and his contract expires on 30 June 2022. He is coming off his best season in the Bundesliga with five goals and two assists in 32 league appearances.
Unfortunately, the German side was relegated at the end of the 2020/21 campaign and Sargent is looking for a way out to remain in Germany’s top-tier. According to BeSoccer, Borussia Mönchengladbach is keen on signing the American striker.
According to transfermarkt, the Bundesliga side woudl have to pay close to $13 million to Werder Bremen for Sargent. ESPN has also reported that the other clubs interested in signing the 21-year-old are Eintracht Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Bayer Leverkusen.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?