FC Dallas' Szabolcs Schõn makes debut in Euro 2020
The 20-year-old was included in Hungary’s 26-player roster by manager Marco Rossi and he made his debut against Portugal on Tuesday.
Szabolcs Schõn came on as a substitute replacing Roland Sallai on Tuesday in Hungary’s 3-0 defeat to Portugal for Group F of the UEFA Euro 2020 at the Ferenc Puskás stadium. The 20-year-old plays for FC Dallas in Major League Soccer and made his international debut in an official tournament with his national team.
Just a minute after coming in Schõn received a through ball from Lovrencsics on the right side and he cut inside to get into the box before rifling a low shot at the near post to find the back of the net. Portugal’s goalkeeper Patricio wasn’t able to block the shot, but the flag was up and the goal didn’t count.
He made his first appearance for the Hungarian national team on 8 June in a friendly against Ireland. In that match he also came in as a substitute replacing Ádám Szalai in the 88th minute of a scoreless draw.
Proud moment for FC Dallas
FC Dallas uploaded a video to their social media showing how Schõn’s teammates were celebrating when he entered the match in the 78th minute. The winger arrived this season to Major League Soccer and made his debut against Houston Dynamo in the Texas Derby. This season he has made three appearances for a total of 51 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?