Euro 2020 quarter-finals: bracket, schedule, games and when they are played
The quarter-finals of the 2020 UEFA European Championship get underway in St Petersburg on Friday 2 July 2021.
The Euro 2020 quarter-final line-up is now set, after a last 16 that served up significant surprises and one of the most thrilling days of football ever seen at a major tournament.
Dutch and French stunned by underdogs
The Netherlands were shocked by the Czech Republic in Budapest, goals by Tomas Holes and Patrik Schick doing for the Dutch after Matthijs de Ligt’s red card, while Switzerland stunned world champions France in Bucharest, winning on penalties after a topsy-turvy 3-3 thriller.
Switzerland’s against-the-odds triumph over Les Bleus completed a 14-goal extravaganza of football on Monday, after Spain claimed an equally dramatic, 5-3 extra-time win over Croatia earlier in the evening. Only once have more goals been scored on a single day of European Championship action.
14 - Only June 23rd 2021 has produced more goals (18 in 4 games) on a single day in European Championship history than the 14 goals scored in today's two games. Mindblowing. #EURO2020— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) June 28, 2021
Portugal's title defence ended, England see off Germany
Elsewhere, defending champions Portugal were narrowly beaten by Belgium, England claimed their first knockout-stage victory over Germany since the 1966 World Cup final, Wales were thumped by Denmark, and Italy and Ukraine required extra time to edge out Austria and Sweden, respectively.
Euro 2020: last-16 results
Saturday 26 June
- Italy 2-1 Austria (a.e.t.)
Sunday 27 June
Monday 28 June
- Croatia 3-5 Spain (a.e.t.)
- France 3-3 Switzerland (Switzerland won 5-4 on pens a.e.t.)
Tuesday 29 June
- Sweden 1-2 Ukraine (a.e.t.)
Euro 2020 quarter-finals begin on Friday
After a two-day tournament break, the Euro 2020 quarter-finals will be played on Friday 2 and Saturday 3 July, with two games played on each day: one at 6pm CEST/12pm EDT, the other at 9pm CEST/3pm EDT.
Euro 2020 last-eight schedule
Friday 2 July
- Switzerland vs Spain (6pm CEST/12pm EDT, St Petersburg)
- Belgium vs Italy (9pm CEST/3pm EDT, Munich)
Saturday 3 July
- Czech Republic vs Denmark (6pm CEST/12pm EDT, Baku)
- Ukraine vs England (9pm CEST/3pm EDT, Rome)
Euro 2020 knockout-stage bracket:
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots