Donald Trump launches his own app: what is GETTR?
The administration of former president Donald Trump has launched a new social media network in order to compete with Twitter. It will be headed by Jason Miller.
He may have been kept a little quieter than before, but that could be about to change, and potentially in a big way. Jason Miller, former US President Donald Trump's former senior advisor, has started a social media site, and it is called GETTR.
What is Trump’s new GETTR site?
GETTR, a Twitter-style platform with posts and trending topics, advertised itself on the Google and Apple app stores as "a non-bias social network for people all over the world." It was first reported by Politico.
- Trump Organization CFO charged with tax crimes
- Two Republicans join to support Capitol Hill insurrection investigation
- Grand jury indicts Trump Organization and CFO
- Trump hits back at Facebook "censoring" over ban
- Trump reportedly tried to help Patriots in 'Spygate' scandal
- Liz Cheney pushed out over calling out Trump's 'big lie'
Miller has for months teased the Trump team's plans to start a new social media platform, after the former president was blocked by a slew of sites following the 6 January riot where his supporters stormed the Capitol. However, Trump does not have a verified account on GETTR.
Miller told Fox News in an interview that he hoped Trump would join but that the former president was considering a number of options. He said Trump was not funding the platform.
Trump's Twitter/Facebook sanctions
Trump was permanently banned from Twitter and remains suspended by Facebook until at least 2023 and by Alphabet's YouTube until the company determines the risk of violence has decreased.
Trump, who recently shut down a short-lived blog on his website, joined video platform Rumble last weekend ahead of his campaign-style rally in Ohio.
A Trump spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy