Barcelona loan Portugal international Trincao to Wolves
Francisco Trincao featured 42 times for Barcelona in all competitions last season, but the young winger will spend next season in England with Wolves.
Barcelona youngster Francisco Trincão has joined Premier League side Wolves on loan for the duration of the 2021-22 campaign. Wolves have the option to sign the Portugal international permanently at the end of the season for a reported fee of €29.12m.
Trincão arrived at Barcelona from Braga 12 months ago in a €31m deal and made 42 appearances for the Catalan giants in his first season at Camp Nou. He created six chances in 28 LaLiga appearances – an average of 0.79 per 90 minutes, which was bettered only by Lionel Messi (0.83) and Phillippe Coutinho (0.96). The 21-year-old scored three goals in all competitions and earned the first of his six caps for Portugal last September, though he was not included in their Euro 2020 squad.
Wolves confirmed the capture on their website on Sunday, with Trincão becoming their second close-season signing following the arrival of defender Yerson Mosquera. Trincão previously scored or assisted 22 goals in his 48 games for Braga and has already played alongside as many as six of his new Wolves team-mates for Portugal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys