Real Madrid set for Rayo Vallecano pre-season test
Real Madrid will face new top flight side Rayo Vallecano at Valdebebas next Sunday ahead of the game in Glasgow against Rangers.
Real Madrid's pre-season activity starts to accelerate after the 3-1 win over Fuenalabrada last weekend. The next test for Carlo Ancelotti's side comes in the shape of recently promoted Rayo Vallecano with the game scheduled to take place next Sunday (18 July) at Valdebebas.
Madrid open their LaLiga campaign away to Alavés on 14 August and are still working on details for other pre-season opposition. At present the club will face Rangers in Glasgow on 25 July as part of the current Scottish champions' 150th anniversary celebrations. 'Los Blancos' will also face AC Milan in Austria on 8 August with at least one further pre-season test to be scheduled.
Rayo Vallecano were scheduled to face Real Madrid last season in a pre-season test, but a covid outbreak in the 'franjirrojo' ranks saw the game cancelled. After the game in Valdebebas on Sunday, Rayo will travel to Marbella as part of their pre-season activity with Ancelotti's side remaining in the Spanish capital ahead of the trip to Scotland.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped