Chicharito Hernández breaks down in tears in training
The Mexico international suffered a calf injury on 23 June and has missed six consecutive games with the Los Angeles Galaxy this season.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández started the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season scoring 10 goals in the first 10 games. Unfortunately, the Mexico international suffered a calf injury during warm-up prior to the game against Sporting Kansas City back on 23 June and hasn’t played since then.
Breaks down in tears
The 33-year-old has not trained with the rest of the squad since he got injured and has been working on his own until he reaches full fitness and gets cleared by the medical staff. This week, Chicharito posted a video on his social media working out at the gym and after he was done he broke down in tears.
“We always go through difficult moments, through difficult situations and it is up to us to take it as something negative or take advantage of the situation and see it as a great motivation to give 100%. The decision to continue and continue is in you,” he wrote.
Life without Javier Hernández has been difficult for the LA Galaxy, because without their striker they have a record of 1W-1D-3L. Tonight, they host Portland Timbers at the Dignity Health Sports Park in week 16 of the 2021 MLS campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong