‘Chicharito’ Hernández suffers a setback on the road to recovery
Los Angeles Galaxy coach Greg Vanney said that the Mexico international is not quite ready to return and will likely miss the game against RSL.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández has not fully recovered from his calf injury suffered on 4 July and has missed seven games with the Los Angeles Galaxy so far. Without the Mexico international the team with the most league titles (5) has a record of 2W-1D-3L and he is doubtful to play against Real Salt Lake on Wednesday for week 17 of the MLS.
“We have to check how much Javier is progressing and he is doubtful to play against Real Salt Lake because it is about how much we can accomplish on the field as we move forwards, '' said LA Galaxy coach Greg Vanney. “We had a follow up with Javier because there was a little bit of an edema coming back to the injured area, so we had to give him days off, so he could start the recuperation processes again.”
Players returning from international duty
The good news is that following the United States defeating Mexico 1-0 in the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup final, Sebastián Lletget, Jonathan dos Santos and Efraín Álvarez returned today to Los Angeles. Both players will practice tomorrow and could be available for the game on Wednesday at the Dignity Health Sports Park.
“The guys [Lletget, Efráin and Jonathan] are returning today and we will take inventory on them between today and tomorrow and see what kind of role they can play going into Wednesday. We will try to be smart with Efraín aside, [who didn’t see much minutes in the Gold Cup with Mexico] the other two have played a lot of minutes over the course of this stretch so we will figure it out tomorrow,” said Vanney.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?