The core of the Mexican Olympic team is from Chivas and Club América
The Mexico national team obtained the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympic Games after defeating Japan 3-1 in the third-place match.
The core of the Mexico Olympic team that won the bronze medal at Tokyo 2020 is from Chivas and Club América. This is the second men's soccer medal for Mexico in the history of the Summer Games, following on from El Tri's tournament victory at London 2012.
List of teams that supplied players for Tokyo 2020
Cruz Azul 2
Players from América to rejoin the team next week
Following the conclusion of the Olympic soccer competition, it is expected that the players will rejoin their teams early next week and prepare for the 2021 Apertura tournament. So Guillermo Ochoa, Sebastián Córdova, Henry Martín and Jorge Sánchez will join the team from the capital ahead of their clash against Atlas in Jalisco on matchday 4.
Chivas players set to return as well
Two of the best players of the 2020 Olympic Games were Uriel Antuna and Alexis Vega. Vega ended his participation with three goals and two assists to give his team the bronze medal. Both players are also expected to return early next week to Chivas ahead of their away game against Santos on matchday 4.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers