PSG: Messi to wear No. 30 shirt at Ligue 1 club
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of Lionel Messi, with the Argentina star taking the No. 30 at the French club.
Lionel Messi is to wear the No. 30 shirt at Paris Saint-Germain.
PSG confirmed the signing of the 34-year-old on Tuesday evening, revealing that the ex-Barcelona captain has signed a two-year deal at the Parc des Princes, with the option for a third season.
No. 30 was Messi's first shirt at Barcelona
With his usual No. 10 shirt currently occupied by Neymar at PSG, there had been much speculation over the number Messi would choose - or, indeed, whether the Brazilian would give up his shirt to his former Barça team-mate. In the end, the Argentine has opted to go with a nod to the past.
A new 💎 in Paris !— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) August 10, 2021
PSGxMESSI ❤️💙 pic.twitter.com/2JpYSRtpCy
The forward wore No. 30 when he first broke into the Barcelona first team in the 2004/05 season, before switching to 19 in 2006/07. He then took on the No. 10 shirt in the 2008/09 campaign, following the departure of its previous incumbent, Ronaldinho.
Messi set for Wednesday presentation
Messi, who joins PSG after it was confirmed last week that the out-of-contract star would not be renewing his deal at Barça, is set to be unveiled by the Ligue 1 club in a press conference on Wednesday morning at 11am CEST (5am EDT).
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues