Edson Álvarez scores his first goal of the season for Ajax
The Mexico international scored the second goal against Vitesse in the Eredivisie in Ajax’s 5-0 win in matchday 3 on Sunday morning.
Edson Álvarez helped Ajax FC win the Eredivisie title last season and this year they are hoping to become back-to-back champions. They remain undefeated in the first three games of the 2021/22 Eredivisie campaign with a record of 3W-0D-0L and a total of nine points.
First goal of the season
On Sunday, Ajax hosted Vitesse at the Johan Cruyff Arena for matchday 3 and the home team had a dominant performance. Edson Álvarez was included in the starting XI and scored the second goal of the game in the 5-0 win.
It was his first goal of the season - a powerful header near the second post to find the back of the net. He has been showing improvement since arriving in 2019 and last season he played a total of 39 games, scored two goals and gave two assists across all competitions.
The Eredivisie side will return to action on 11 September against PEC Zwolle, but Álvarez will probably not be available for that game. He was called to the Mexico national team for the international break in September.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries