Sergiño Dest to travel to the United States ahead of World Cup qualifiers
The United States men’s national team player saw some minutes in FC Barcelona’s 2-1 victory against Levante on Sunday at Camp Nou.
Besides having several offers on the table, Sergiño Dest decided to stay at Barcelona and consolidate in the starting XI in his second year with the LaLiga side. The United States player has made three appearances this season - twice as a starter.
Ready to join the USMNT camp
On Sunday, he came on as a substitute replacing Emerson in the 63rd minute and gave a perfect cross to Memphis Depay, who failed to find the back of the net after a volley inside the box. Barcelona won the game 2-1 and now Dest will get ready to travel back to the United States for next month's international break.
Dest will join the United States men’s national team camp and will travel to El Salvador for their opening match in the round-robin tournament at the Estadio Cuscatlán on Thursday night. Then they will return to the United States to host Canada on 5 September and conclude the first round playing against Honduras three days later at the Olímpico Metropolitano.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash