Sergiño Dest to travel to the United States ahead of World Cup qualifiers
The United States men’s national team player saw some minutes in FC Barcelona’s 2-1 victory against Levante on Sunday at Camp Nou.
Besides having several offers on the table, Sergiño Dest decided to stay at Barcelona and consolidate in the starting XI in his second year with the LaLiga side. The United States player has made three appearances this season - twice as a starter.
Ready to join the USMNT camp
On Sunday, he came on as a substitute replacing Emerson in the 63rd minute and gave a perfect cross to Memphis Depay, who failed to find the back of the net after a volley inside the box. Barcelona won the game 2-1 and now Dest will get ready to travel back to the United States for next month's international break.
Dest will join the United States men’s national team camp and will travel to El Salvador for their opening match in the round-robin tournament at the Estadio Cuscatlán on Thursday night. Then they will return to the United States to host Canada on 5 September and conclude the first round playing against Honduras three days later at the Olímpico Metropolitano.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?