Emerson to Tottenham: the key to a new Barça signing
The right-back could leave for Spurs for €30 million, of which 10% would go to Real Betis. Koeman has given the OK to the transfer.
Barcelona and Tottenham are negotiating against the clock for the transfer of Emerson, a right-back who, despite not being very keen on leaving, could be the key to an interesting signing for Barça.
The Catalan club could receive an amount close to €30 million from Spurs. Together with the €15 million that they could receive for Ilaix Moriba, it would open the door to a new signing, as Barça also had a certain amount of money freed up after the latest departures and salary cuts for the club captains.
Real Betis to receive part of deal
Emerson, who had a game to forget against Getafe, had no intention of moving, but the club's financial situation and a good contract could change his mind. Of the €30 million the transfer could amount to, 10 per cent would go to Real Betis, who had already received €9 million this summer when Barça bought the player back after two seasons on loan.
The sale of Emerson could allow for a new signing, as Koeman remains interested in signing a new midfielder to give Busquets, De Jong and Pedri some breathing space.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?