SOCCER | WOMEN'S SUPER LEAGUE
USWNT star Tobin Heath makes move to Arsenal
Tobin Heath, who has helped the United States win two World Cups and as many Olympic golds, has joined Arsenal.
Arsenal Women have confirmed the signing of United States star Tobin Heath on a free transfer.
Heath Gunning for glory in London
Heath, who spent last season at Manchester United, has won the World Cup twice and also has Olympic gold medals.
The 33-year-old, who has scored 31 international goals, was named in the FIFPro Women's World 11 in 2020 and won the US Soccer Female Athlete of the Year in 2016.
Prior to her move to United in 2020, Heath had spent seven years with the Portland Thorns and had a spell with Paris Saint-Germain.
"Tobin's record speaks for itself. She's an incredibly talented player who will bring so much experience to our squad," said Arsenal's head coach Jonas Eidevall.
The one you’ve all been waiting for…— Arsenal Women (@ArsenalWFC) September 3, 2021
Welcome to The Arsenal, @TobinHeath ❤️
"This is an exciting time for the club, and I'm delighted we could secure Tobin's signing as we prepare to kick off the new season at Emirates Stadium on Sunday."
Heath, who plays on the wing or up front, scored four league goals for United last term. Arsenal's first game of the new season sees them take on champions Chelsea.
The one you’ve all been waiting for…
Welcome to The Arsenal, @TobinHeath
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game