Romeo Beckham turns professional
The son of the former Real Madrid player has signed a contract with Fort Lauderdale, Inter Miami's reserve team.
Romeo Beckham has signed his first professional contract. The son of the famed British footballer, David Beckham, has joined Fort Lauderdale CF.
Fort Lauderdale CF operate as Inter Miami's sister club. The young player's father is the current owner of Inter Miami, who are managed by Beckham's former England and Manchester United team-mate Phil Neville.
The 19-year-old is a versatile player who can play both in defence and attack. According to Miami Total Futbol, he could make his debut against Chattanooga Red Wolves this weekend.
It remains to be seen if Romeo possesses the same quality as his father and makes it to the first team in MLS.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?