Mexico gain three more points in road win against Costa Rica
Mexico defeated ‘Los Ticos’ 1-0 at the Estadio Nacional on matchday 2 of the 2022 World Cup CONCACAF qualifiers to top their group.
Another win for Mexico, who beat Costa Rica by just one goal. Andrés Guardado was fouled inside the box towards the end of the first half and the referee handed the visitors a penalty. Orbelín Pineda beat Keylor Navas to score the only goal of the game and give Mexico a 0-1 victory.
Mexico looking for a nine-point-week
With this win Mexico are at the top of the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF with six points and they will look to add three more on a road game against Panama at the Estadio Rommel Fernández. Mexico might not be dominating the games like many fans would like, but they are starting off on the road to Qatar with the right footing.
The road to Qatar 2022
Once again Rogelio Funes Mori has been unable to score for ‘El Tri’ in both of the games played so far. The striker from Monterrey had a clear breakaway and as he entered the box, with no one around him, Funes Mori could not beat Navas, who blocked the shot. The forward has not been sharp and he has been replaced in Mexico’s last two games.
The bad news for ‘El Tri’ is the injury that Alexis Vegas suffered right before the break. The Chivas playmaker was fouled from behind and asked to be replaced. He was carted off because he couldn’t walk and Orbelín Pineda who replaced him, scored the winning penalty kick a few minutes later.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game