USMNT Zach Steffen tests positive for covid-19
The United States men’s national team confirmed on Sunday that the Manchester City goalkeeper had tested positive for coronavirus.
Zach Steffen missed the opening games against El Salvador for the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF because he was suffering from back spasms and didn't travel with the team in the scoreless draw. On Sunday the United States men’s national team confirmed that Steffen has tested positive for covid-19 and will miss tonight’s game against Canada.
“U.S. Soccer has confirmed that goalkeeper Zack Steffen has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be available for the next two WCQ matches. He has been replaced on the USMNT roster by Sean Johnson, who will be available for selection tonight,” wrote the USMNT on Twitter.
U.S. Soccer has confirmed that goalkeeper Zack Steffen has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be available for the next two WCQ matches.— U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) September 5, 2021
He has been replaced on the #USMNT roster by Sean Johnson, who will be available for selection tonight.
MORE: https://t.co/HmEHBuvlSs pic.twitter.com/4gEq8R0BYX
Pulisic is questionable
The United States will host Canada tonight and Christian Pulisic is questionable for this World Cup qualifying match. The USMNT player is recovering from covid-19 and the manager, Gregg Berhalter, said that Pulisic has not reached full fitness and is questionable to face Canada on Sunday.
"He's made some progress and we have to see if it's enough to actually include him in the game day squad and play," said Berhalter.
"We've been getting him up to speed with training," Berhalter said about Pulisic. "We're trying to see what he can tolerate, and see what type of workloads he can do. And I think that's the first step. To be out for 10 days and have covid isn't the easiest thing to get over, so for us it's about really seeing how he can come back in a safe way. That's the most important thing, and we've been having conversations and asking him about how he's tolerating loads and everything, and we'll see if he's ready."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes