Pep Guardiola turns down chance to sign Ansu Fati for Manchester City
The player's agent, Jorge Mendes, is hoping to get a better deal for the young winger. Barcelona have been cutting players' salaries in a bid to reduce their €1.35 billion debt.
Offering Ansu Fati a new deal is on Barcelona's current list of priorities as the 18-year-old's contract expires in June 2022.
El Nacional reports that, his agent, Jorge Mendes, has offered him to Manchester City. The superagent is trying to ensure that the Spain international is not forced to sign a new contract with a reduced salary at Barcelona. Mendes is pushing for a new and improved deal for his client.
Ansu Fati plans to stay at Barcelona
Ansu Fati wants to stay at Barcelona, but City are not the only major club to have shown an interest in the tricky winger. After a lengthy spell on the sidelines with knee trouble and multiple surgeries, he is close to a comeback.
According to El Nacional, Pep Guardiola received the offer, but he is not interested in a deal. Barcelona continue to look for ways to reduce their massive debt. It remains to be seen if the Catalan club can offer an improved deal for the club's new number 10 amidst their ongoing off the field crisis and major cutbacks.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades