Raúl Jiménez helps Wolves win their first game of the season
The Mexican international made his fourth start in Wolverhampton’s 2-0 victory against Watford in matchday four of the Premier League season.
Wolverhampton had a tough start to the season under new manager Bruno Lage, losing their first three games. For matchday 4 of the 2021/22 Premier League season, Wolves went on the road to face Watford at the Vicarage Road with Raúl Jiménez making his fourth start of the campaign.
Jiménez is eager to score his first goal since injury
The Mexican international had a clear opportunity to score the first goal in the 69th minute, but his header went just wide after a great run inside the box. It was not until the 74th minute that Wolves would take the lead after Watford defender Francisco Sierralta headed the ball into his own net.
In the 83rd minute, substitute Hwang Hee-Chan was able to push the ball over the line to double the lead and give Wolverhampton the 2-0 victory. In this game Raúl Jiménez went the full 90 minutes and received a yellow card in stoppage time.
“It was a good game. It was a good performance from our side. We began the game very well, the first 15 to 20 minutes we played our game; the way we play, the way we create, the way we find our spaces, the way that we create our chances, and after that, Watford had a good transition and had a little bit of the game,” said Lage after the game.
“But after the second half, with the changes we made at half-time, and the changes we made with Podence and Hwang, I think the game came to us. The second-half was very good, we continued to create chances, we scored the two goals and we deserved these three points. For sure, it’s a good result at this point, and a good result for what we did in these first four games.”
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?