Galaxy’s ‘Chicharito’ Hernández returns after two-month absence
The Mexican international reached full fitness after suffering a calf injury on 4 July and he started against Colorado Rapids in the 1-1 draw.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is back after missing 12 straight Major League Soccer games due to a calf injury and he started in LA Galaxy’s 1-1 draw against Colorado Rapids on Saturday at DSG Park. The Mexican international had a clear opportunity on goal in the 10th minute, but his header went wide.
‘Chicharito’ taken off in the second half
Unfortunately Hernández was not able to find the back of the net and LA Galaxy’s manager Greg Vanney decided to take him off in the 61st minute. Serbian striker Dejan Joveljic came on to replace ‘Chicharito’ for the remainder of the game.
A few changes for Greg Vanney:— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) September 11, 2021
Dejan Joveljić 🔁 Chicharito
Efrain Alvarez 🔁 Victor Vázquez pic.twitter.com/exafvHVodL
“I feel so much happiness to return to the field with this great family that is the Los Angeles Galaxy. I know the result is not the ideal but it was a very complicated encounter where we achieved the draw near the end of the game. We do not lower our arms because ahead is a complicated road and we will fight for everything,” ‘Chicharito’ wrote on his social media account.
Hernández has scored a total of 10 goals in 11 appearances this season with the Los Angeles Galaxy and he will continue to see more minutes in the next match. The team from Los Angeles will return to action on Wednesday to host Houston Dynamo at Dignity Health Sports Park.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?