Dejan Joveljic threatens Chicharito's place at LA Galaxy
Javier Hernández has missed 12 consecutive games during the 2021 MLS regular season and the Serbian striker has become the new starting striker during his absence.
Dejan Joveljic scored a brace in the LA Galaxy’s 3-3 draw against Los Angeles FC in the first ‘El Tráfico’ of the 2021 Major League Soccer season - his first two goals of the season since arriving in early August from Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt.
A threat to Chicharito
In four games, the Serbian striker has scored two goals and given one assist. He has made an immediate impact in the team, especially with Javier Hernández still recovering from a calf injury. The Mexican international has missed 12 consecutive games this season and there is no due date for his return.
So the Galaxy’s manager, Greg Vanney, decided to sign Joveljic before the transfer window closed in Major League Soccer and he has adapted very well to the league. The Serbian striker will fight with Chicharito for the starting role when he reaches full-fitness.
“It was a very important day for Dejan, that's his thing, he is a goal scorer and he has a career because he puts the ball behind the net. He needs a little time to adapt to his teammates and the league to reach his full potential and continue to grow as a player,” said Vanney.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?