Carrasco and Lemar turn tables on Espanyol
Espanyol took the lead against Atlético Madrid with Antoine Griezmann making his second debut for the champions but late goals saw the champions prevail.
Thomas Lemar scored in the ninth minute of added time to give Atlético Madrid a last-gasp 1-2 victory away at newly-promoted Espanyol in LaLiga on Sunday. Yannick Carrasco levelled for the visitors 11 minutes from full-time after Raúl de Tomás had put the hosts in front in the first period with a sublime looping header.
Atleti leave it late
Carrasco's effort looked to have ensured the spoils would be shared. However, after the referee added 10 minutes of stoppage time on to a feisty encounter, Lemar broke into the Espanyol box in the final minute to fire past Diego López and secure all three points for Atleti.
This guy's a beast. pic.twitter.com/U4lO2oJG9G— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) September 12, 2021
The result means that Simeone's side provisionally move top of the table with 10 points from four games played with a number of the other sides at the top yet to play this weekend. Espanyol, meanwhile, have two points from their four games this campaign and remain just above the relegation zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game