Brendan Aaronson makes his Champions League debut
The United States men’s national team player went the full 90 minutes in RB Salzburg's 1-1 draw against Sevilla at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.
Brendan Aaronson has earned a starting role with RB Salzburg since arriving earlier this year and on Tuesday he made his UEFA Champions League debut against Sevilla. The Austrian side played their UCL opener at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in Group G and they were able to leave with one point after a 1-1 draw.
Aaronson played the whole game
The United States men’s national team player started the game and went the full 90 minutes. RB Salzburg had the opportunity to take an early lead, but in the 13th minute Karim Adeyemi missed a penalty kick. But eight minutes later, the referee gave another penalty in favor of the visiting team and Luka Sucic scored the first goal of the game.
The third time was not the charm for the visiting side because in the 37th minute Luka Sucic would miss a penalty, the third one of the night for Salzburg. Just before the break, Ivan Rakitic would level the score via penalty kick, the fourth of the night in that game.
Aaronson and RB Salzburg will return to action in the UEFA Champions League on 29 September to host Lille on matchday 2 of the group stage. The USMNT player has experience in tournaments of this level, because he played last season in the UEFA Europa League.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool