Christian Pulisic to miss Chelsea Champions League opener
The United States playmaker picked up an injury while playing with the national team and he is yet to return to training with the London club.
Many clubs are not keen when their players leave for international duty because of injuries. This is the case of Chelsea who sent Christian Pulisic a private jet to Honduras after the United States men’s national team won 4-1 in the third game of the final round of the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF.
Pulisic too miss back-to-back games
Since returning, Pulisic has not trained with Chelsea because he picked up an ankle injury and he missed Saturday’s Premier League match against Aston Villa. Chelsea was able to manage without the USMNT player with a 3-0 victory to take the three points.
This mentality. 👌— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) September 13, 2021
Who else can't wait to kick off our #UCL defence tomorrow night on home soil? 🤩
Chelsea’s manager Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that Pulisic will not play in the Champions League opener against Zenit at Stamford Bridge for Group H. Another player that will miss Tuesday’s game is N’Golo Kante, who also missed the victory against Villa, but he has resumed training with the rest of the team.
“Christian did not train with us,” Tuchel said, via Football.London. “N’Golo had two sessions yesterday and today but the UCL game came too early for him.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother