Pelé back in ICU at São Paulo hospital
Brazil soccer legend Pele has re-entered an intensive care unit at Sao Paulo's Albert Einstein Hospital, ESPN Brasil reported on Friday, in an apparent deterioration of his health.
Brazil soccer legend Pelé has re-entered an intensive care unit at São Paulo's Albert Einstein Hospital, ESPN Brasil reported on Friday, in an apparent deterioration of his health after he left the unit earlier this week.
Uma boa dica para a vida: tenha amigos que sempre te fazem sorrir.— Pelé (@Pele) August 31, 2021
A good tip for life: have friends who always make you smile. pic.twitter.com/o0nit1XNnA
The hospital said it had no new information. ESPN Brasil said Pele, an 80-year-old, three-time World Cup winner, was re-admitted to the ICU due to acid reflux. He had a colon tumor removed this month and was transferred out of the ICU on Tuesday.
Pele sends upbeat message
After leaving the ICU, he said in a message to fans on Instagram that he was ready for "90 minutes, plus extra time."
Pele has suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided. His public appearances were already being cut before the covid-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.
Pele's daughter gives update
On Friday evening, Pele's daughter gave an update on her father's health on Instagram, saying he was "recovering well".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates