Eduardo López has been included in the last three 'Teams of the Week'
The San Jose Earthquakes playmaker is having a breakout season in Major League Soccer and he has scored 11 goals in 25 appearances.
Javier ‘Chofis’ Eduardo López has left behind the problems that kept him out from Chivas for a year and a half and he is in the best moment in his career. The Mexican playmaker is finding consistency in Major League Soccer and support from manager Matías Almeyda that he couldn’t find in the Liga MX.
Four personal awards so far this season
The great moment ‘Chofis’ is having on the pitch is helping San Jose Earthquakes make a late push for the 2021 MLS Cup playoffs. The 27-year-old has scored 11 goals and given three assists in 25 league appearances so far this campaign. He has won the Player of the Week award once and named in the last three Team of the Week in Major League Soccer.
The Earthquakes defeated LAFC 2-0 last weekend and Javier López scored the second goal to secure the three points for his team. San Jose is currently in 10th place in the Western Conference and they are three points away from entering the playoff picture.
The team managed by Matías Almeyda has eight games left of the regular season to secure one of the seven playoff spots. Tomorrow they have a tough match-up against one of the best teams of the league, the Seattle Sounders, at the PayPal Park.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery