Leo Messi scores first goal for PSG, against Manchester City in the Champions League
Messi opened his account in his fourth match for the French club after his move this summer from Catalan giants Barcelona.
Leo Messi scored his first goal for PSG, slotting a ball into the top corner from the edge of the box after a neat one-two with Mbappé, to give his side a 2-0 lead over Manchester City in their Champions League match on Tuesday 28 September.
PSG went on to win the match with no further goals being scored.
Messi opens account with PSG
The goal, coming in the 74th minute of the match, saw Messi finally break his duck in his fourth game since he joined PSG from Barcelona in the summer.
That goal was the Argentinean star’s 121st goal in Europe’s elite club competition, and his 673rd in competitive club games, having scored 672 for Barça.
The start to Messi’s career at PSG has been interrupted by injury and fitness problems, and after three games he’d managed to produce no goals and no assists.
But that was all put swiftly into the past as he strode forward from the half-way line, slipped the ball to Mbappé, lost his man, got the ball back and slotted a sumptuous effort past Ederson. Trademark Messi, with Guardiola looking on.
Gueye gave PSG the lead
Despite starting with Mbappé, Neymar AND Messi, it was Idrissa Gueye who opened the scoring for PSG, though admittedly all three flair players were involved in the build-up (though the less said about Neymar’s miskicked effort the better). It was Gueye though who drove the ball into the top corner.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2