Brazil soccer legend Pelé leaves hospital to undergo chemotherapy
Brazilian soccer legend Pelé was discharged from a São Paulo hospital on Thursday after recovering from an operation to remove a tumor from his colon.
Brazilian soccer legend Pelê has been cleared to leave a São Paulo hospital on Thursday after recovering from an operation to remove a tumor from his colon, according to a hospital bulletin.
Pelé recebe alta do hospital após um mês internado https://t.co/sYHdq7VAyE— Gazeta Brasil (@SigaGazetaBR) September 30, 2021
Pelé, almost a month in hospital
The bulletin from the Albert Einstein Hospital said Pelé will receive chemotherapy following the operation which was performed on 4 September and kept him hospitalized for weeks. The football great said that he was "happy to be going home again". Pelé, who turns 81 next month, has returned to his home in Guarujá.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery