WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS
World Cup 2022: Germany and Denmark qualify for finals
With little over a year to go until the 2022 World Cup, three teams have already booked their places at finals after the latest round of qualifiers.
Denmark became the latest team to book their place at the 2022 World Cup finals on Tuesday when they beat Austria 1-0 in Group F of European qualifying. As such, the Euro 2020 semi-finalists have mathematically qualified for the finals in Qatar with a seven-point advantage over the second-placed side in the group, Scotland.
Kasper Hjulmand's side therefore become the third nation to ensure their participation in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The other two countries that willfly their flags at the tournament next year are Germany and the host nation.
Germany maintain perfect qualification record
Germany secured their passage to the finals on Monday after dispatching North Macedonia 4-0, a result that not only ensured the 2014 champions will top Group J but went some way to redressing their 2-1 defeat to the same opposition in Duisburg last March.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22