Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
The Mexican international scored in the 89th minute to secure a point for Genoa in the 2-2 draw against Sassuolo in the Serie A.
Johan Vásquez made his debut in the Serie A with Genoa on Sunday and he went the full 90 minutes. The Mexican international scored in the 89th minute to secure a point for Genoa in the 2-2 draw against Sassuolo on matchday 8.
🇲🇽❤️💙 VAMOOOOOOOOOOOS GENOAAAAAAAAAAA pic.twitter.com/fMDRPpTi1d— Genoa CFC (@GenoaCFC) October 17, 2021
Another Mexican player in the Serie A
Sassuolo scored in the 17th minute when Gianluca Scamacca found the back of the net early in the match. He was able to score again three minutes later to give the visiting side the 2-0 advantage. Destro has scored 80% of his top-flight goals in away matches and he has scored the most headed goals in the top-five European leagues.
The home side would answer back in the 27th minute with Mattia Destro scoring before the break. In the second half Johan Vásquez would surprise everyone and score for Genoa to secure a point. Vásquez is only the second Mexican player to have scored in Serie A, after Hirving Lozano.
The former Pachuca player made five key blocks in defense for Genoa and he secured 94 percent of his passes during the entire match. With this result The Griffin’s secured the 17th spot on the table with six points and their next match will be against Torino on 22 October.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 How long after the booster shot are you fully vaccinated?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?
- NFL Which QB has the most 400 yard passing games in the NFL?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NBA LeBron James 'frustrated' and 'angry' with covid-19 protocols