Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
The Mexican international scored in the 89th minute to secure a point for Genoa in the 2-2 draw against Sassuolo in the Serie A.
Johan Vásquez made his debut in the Serie A with Genoa on Sunday and he went the full 90 minutes. The Mexican international scored in the 89th minute to secure a point for Genoa in the 2-2 draw against Sassuolo on matchday 8.
🇲🇽❤️💙 VAMOOOOOOOOOOOS GENOAAAAAAAAAAA pic.twitter.com/fMDRPpTi1d— Genoa CFC (@GenoaCFC) October 17, 2021
Another Mexican player in the Serie A
Sassuolo scored in the 17th minute when Gianluca Scamacca found the back of the net early in the match. He was able to score again three minutes later to give the visiting side the 2-0 advantage. Destro has scored 80% of his top-flight goals in away matches and he has scored the most headed goals in the top-five European leagues.
The home side would answer back in the 27th minute with Mattia Destro scoring before the break. In the second half Johan Vásquez would surprise everyone and score for Genoa to secure a point. Vásquez is only the second Mexican player to have scored in Serie A, after Hirving Lozano.
The former Pachuca player made five key blocks in defense for Genoa and he secured 94 percent of his passes during the entire match. With this result The Griffin’s secured the 17th spot on the table with six points and their next match will be against Torino on 22 October.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22