2021 New York marathon: times, TV, how to watch and track
Curious about how to watch the NYC Marathon 2021on TV and where you can follow it in the Big Apple? Here’s all the information you need to know.
The New York City Marathon is one of the greatest in the world. It will start in Staten Island while the course will take runners across the Verrazano Bridge to finish in Central Park in Manhattan.
Mile 1-2 will take contestants up a giant hill and it’s actually also the highest incline they will have during the event. They will hit the highest point about .8 miles in and will be able to enjoy the views of the New York Harbor.
After covering Brooklyn and Queens (miles 3-15), where energy should be kept as much as possible to face the rest of the race in good condition, runners get into First Avenue, right after the Queensboro Bridge (miles 16-20).
The last part will be the final 10K with one last bridge (Madison Ave), while contestants will reach the final three miles in Central Park.
Where can I watch the race in the city?
You can watch runners finish from the East Side Grandstand Seating (in this case you will need a ticket) or you can see them go by from the sidewalks at the following points:
- Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn (Miles 2-4): Catch runners as they exit the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge and move along Fourth Avenue;
- Mastercard Entertainment Zone, Fourth Avenue and Flatbush Avenue (Mile 8)
- Williamsburg and Greenpoint, Brooklyn (Miles 10-13)
- Pulaski Bridge (Mile 13.1): many fans cheer on the Queens side
- First Avenue, Manhattan (Miles 16-18)
- East Harlem (Miles 18-20)
- New Balance Mile 20 Block Party (First Avenue near Willis Avenue Bridge): Live music as runners approach their final 6.2 miles.
- Fifth Avenue, East 90th Street-East 105th Street (Miles 23-24)
- Strava, Central Park South and Seventh Avenue
- United Entertainment Zone: Columbus Circle.
Where can I catch the NYC Marathon on TV?
From 8:30am to 1:30pm: WABC-TV, Channel 7,
Pre-race coverage live streaming from 7am to 1:30pm on the ABC App and ABC7NY.com
Live coverage from 8:30 to 11:30am: ESPN2 and via the ESPN App on smartphones, tablets, and connected streaming devices and ESPN.com.
To be able to comment you must be registered and logged in. Forgot password?