SOCCER | RANGERS
Barcelona: Koeman emerges as target for Rangers after Gerrard joins Villa
Former Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has been named among the favorites to succeed Steven Gerrard at Ibrox after the former Liverpool player joined Villa.
Ronald Koeman has emerged as a potential replacement for Steven Gerrard at Scottish champions Rangers after the former Liverpool and England midfielder joined Aston Villa following the sacking of Dean Smith. According to Football Insider, former Barcelona manager Koeman could be set for a return to British football having been sacked by the Liga giants in October.
Koeman and John Terry on Rangers short-list
🔵 EXCLUSIVE! 🔴— Football Insider (@footyinsider247) November 11, 2021
- We're told Ronald Koeman & John Terry top of Rangers wishlist to be next manager. 🇬🇧
- Director of football Ross Wilson is targeting a prestigious, high profile appointment. 🎉https://t.co/hQtSCPRUyq#RangersFC #RFC #AVFC pic.twitter.com/rPILd9AUgk
Football Insider reports that Rangers director of football Ross Wilson is keen to land a big name to replace Gerrard. Former Chelsea defender and Smith’s assistant at Villa, John Terry, has also been mentioned after missing out on the top job at Villa Park.
Koeman has plenty of experience in UK football having been in charge of Everton and Southampton and has also coached Ajax, Benfica, PSV, Feyenoord and Valencia, as well as Barcelona the Netherlands. Wilson and Koeman have also worked together before, during the Dutchman’s two-year tenure at St. Mary’s, where Wilson was head of the Saints’ scouting department.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash