Official: Dani Alves rejoins Xavi at Barcelona
Since severing ties with Brazilian Serie A side São Paulo, Dani Alves is a free agent and has rejoined his former teammate Xavi at Camp Nou.
The news was initially announced by Catalan daily Sport and has subsequently been verified by AS, Dani Alves is heading back to Camp Nou. The Brazilian's sensational return to Barça was confirmed by the club late on Friday night.
Both president Laporta and head of sport Mateu Alemany originally approved the initial with the final thumbs up eventually given by new head coach Xavi Hernández on Friday morning.
Alves back to give Barcelona a boost
Alves is acutely aware of the economic problems currently affecting the club and has agreed to play for a very modest amount so the club can remain within the confines of financial ‘fair play’ with the defender still eyeing a place at the Qatar 2022 World Cup with Brazil sealing their place in next year's final on Thursday night with a 1-0 win over Colombia.
Despite his age (38), Alves is in excellent physical shape and despite leaving São Paulo in September, the player has been training constantly and is seen by many at the Catalan club as a vital asset in the dressing room.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play