Manchester City prepare bid for Harry Kane
Pep Guardiola's side are set to make another bid for Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane in the January transfer window.
Manchester City will be back in the race to sign England captain Harry Kane in January, according to ESPN. Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy price tag of €170 million scuppered the transfer last summer, although the striker had asked to leave the North London club.
City now believe that a big offer would make Spurs rethink the situation, with Kane in less than convincing form since the Premier League season began. City hope that Levy will be open to lowering his previous fee for Kane. The coronavirus pandemic has heavily hit Tottenham and City may get a better asking price this time around.
Kane scores England hat-trick
Kane, who scored a hat-trick for England in their 5-0 win over Albania on Friday, is not having the best of times in the Premier League. So far this season he has made 10 Premier League appearances and has scored just one goal. The striker's contract expires in 2024, but Antonio Conte's arrival on the Tottenham bench could prompt the Englishman to rethink his exit.
Recommended in English
- NFL Have the Cincinnati Bengals ever won the Super Bowl?
- NFL How much do NFL players get for playing the conference finals?
- NFL How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name? Origin and meaning
- TRANSFER MARKET Who are Arsenal targeting after losing out on Vlahovic to Juventus?
- WORLD CUP 2022 Which teams have qualified for the 2022 World Cup?
- REAL MADRID How long is Karim Benzema going to be out of action for?