Ochoa allegedly the victim of racist language by RSL teammate
Major League Soccer is currently investigating Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Andrew Putna for allegedly using racist language against the Mexican international.
Major League Soccer announced on Monday that there is an ongoing probe into allegations that racist language was used by Real Salt Lake's Andrew Putna. The 27-year-old is being investigated by the league for allegedly aiming racial slurs at Mexican-American teammate David Ochoa about a month ago.
Putna has been separated from team activities
The club is currently preparing for the 2021 Major League Soccer Cup playoffs and has separated Putna from all team activities until the investigation concludes. MLS has not said what kind of racial slurs are alleged to have been said to Ochoa, but both goalkeepers got into a heated argument and things escalated.
The incident occurred in practice during the second week of October and the situation was brought to the front office. The consequences were that Putna, who has one year left in his contract, was not allowed to return to training the next day and the league started an investigation.
Real Salt Lake managed to get all three points against Sporting Kansas City on Decision Day to book their ticket to the 2021 MLS Cup playoffs. They finished in seventh place and will play against the Seattle Sounders on 23 November at Lumen Field.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22