Several Champions League clubs targeting Atlanta’s George Bello
The Atlanta United player is on the radar of several UEFA Champions League clubs, according to a report from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Atlanta United managed to finish in fifth place in the Eastern Conference to book their ticket to the 2021 MLS Cup playoffs. They will face New York City FC on 21 November in a single elimination round at the Yankee Stadium.
George Bello has been a key player for The Five Stripes since arriving in 2018 and this season he made 29 appearances, 26 as a starter, with one goal and three assists. His improvement with Atlanta each year has been noticed by several UEFA Champions League and Europa League clubs.
Bello drawing interest from European teams
According to journalist Doug Roberson from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, several clubs in Europe are keen on signing the 19-year-old. Bello was voted No. 6 on this year’s 22 under 22 list in Major League Soccer and could make the switch next summer.
The report didn’t specify which teams are interested in signing Bello but it is known that Turkish side Galatasaray could make an offer. The 19-year-old turned pro in 2018 and has earned five senior caps this year with the USMNT.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich